Purpose: To establish a rental policy for 13-1 Avenue A in Old Lyme that fairly accommodates both previous and new renters.
Policy: Rental rates for the upcoming season will be determined by the end of the first full week of January.
Rates and availability will be posted on the cottage website on February 1st.
Tenants who rented the previous season will be given the opportunity to rent the same week(s) in the current season before rates and availability are posted. Any weeks not reserved with a deposit by January 31st will be listed as available on the website.
- The previous season’s renters will be contacted via email during the second week of January. They may reserve the same week(s) at this time. If both a signed Occupancy Agreement and a deposit are received by January 31st, the week(s) will be listed as “Rented”.
- Occupancy Agreements and deposits from previous season’s renters will not be accepted prior to the second full week of January.
- If an Occupancy Agreement has been sent to a previous season’s renter but the signed agreement and deposit have not been received by January 31st, the week(s) will be listed as “Contract Pending”. They have 14 days to send the signed agreement and deposit.
- If they are not ready or able to commit at this time, the week(s) will be listed as “Available”. If a request is received from a new renter, the previous renter will be contacted and given the opportunity to place a deposit. They will have 7 days to respond.
- If a previous renter cannot rent in the current year and is not sure about the next year, the following will apply:
- The week(s) will be listed as available.
- The new renter will be told that the previous renter will get first choice for next year. If the previous renter declines, then the new renter will get first choice.
- Once the previous renter declines the second year, they will be put on the waiting list if they wish to rent again.
- For requests received before February 1st, the party will be told that rates and availability will be posted on the cottage website on February 1st.
- For requests received after February 1st, the party will be told that the previous tenants will be contacted and given the opportunity to place a deposit on the week(s). The previous tenants will have 7 days to respond.
Once a renter verifies the requested dates:
- An Occupancy Agreement will be sent in an email. If the terms are acceptable, the tenant will sign and return it along with the deposit indicated on the agreement within 14 days. The reservation is not complete until both the signed Occupancy Agreement and the deposit are received.
- When the deposit is received, the tenant will be notified. The week(s) will then be listed as “Rented” on the website.
- The balance will be due no later than 30 days before occupancy. If the balance is not received by 2 weeks prior to the rental start date, an email reminder will be sent.
- When the balance is received, the tenant will be notified.
This policy is effective as of November 23rd, 2020.
The Owners reserve the right to change this policy at any time. The revised policy will be posted on this website as soon as possible.